Tuesday, June 28, 2016

¡Dos semanas!

Many things have happened since I last wrote to y'all!

I've pretty much finished shopping for clothes and just need to get the last few things I need, like toothpaste and post-it notes.

And I've been thinking about what to write about, but haven't really had much success. So, I'll share the few things that y'all are probably wondering about (AKA the things people keep asking):

Here is a map of my mission:
Texas McAllen Mission Map
It's boundaries are the Gulf Coast, the Mexican border, and about 50 miles north of Corpus Christi across to Laredo. I'm expected to be able to preach and teach the people in both English and Spanish. So I'm trying to go through the lessons in English so I can get everything down while I'm here, and then while I'm at the MTC learn them in Spanish! So yay Spanglish for me. 

I won't be on Facebook or using iPads (I'm fairly sure), but I will be on a bike! So yay biking in a skirt! 

Again, can't think of anything else besides the fact that the countdown timer on the missionary website keeps going down! Ahh! This is really happening! 

I gave a talk on Sunday at the ward here about Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and thought I'd share a few of the things I mentioned in my talk:

Something that Preach My Gospel says about faith in Christ is, "faith in Christ leads to action." Without faith, it is hard to do anything. We need faith to move forward. And sometimes that means we don't know what's in front of us. Let's take Nephi for example: 1 Nephi 4:6 says "And I was led by the Spirit not knowing beforehand the things which I should do." He didn't know what God had in store for him, but he put his faith in Christ and took a step in the right direction. 

For me, right now, faith is going on a mission. It's putting my faith in Christ that He will lead me in the path that I need to be in and that He will protect my family while I'm away. It's doing something that God wants me to be doing.

<<Elder John H. Groberg gave an amazing talk at BYU a while back called "What is Your Mission?" And I absolutely love it. Give it a read!>>

Anyways I'm nervous but super excited and feeling totally inadequate. But as I immerse myself in the work and have faith in God everything will work out in the end. :)
IMLEAVINGINTWOWEEKS!!!
I love you all, and thank you for the support each of you have shown to me over the years!
<3 B

1 comment:

  1. Bethany, you will be amazing! I love seeing you exercise your own faith as you approach the unknown journey ahead! Can't wait to see you and your family on the 10th!

    ReplyDelete