Sunday, February 19, 2017

Un cambio! [a change]

Well well well. Monday as the last day of the transfer... (or the first day of this transfer....) Anyways, we went down to Corpus and went to the beach, some went to the Lexington ship thing, and we just had a chill Pday! It was super nice. I took 100 pictures that day. Then we had dinner with Brother Clem, and while we were there our district leader got the phone call and I got transferred! Yay! So Tuesday we woke up at 4am to swing down to Sinton to pick up something from the Zone leaders, then on to Robstown to meet with the others that were leaving from our zone.

So now I'm down in the Valley!! I'm serving in the Mission 3rd ward (Spanish), and I'm in a trio! My companions are Hna Valdez and Hna Cademis. They are so fun! But not only that, we are opening an area, and there are nine (YES 9!!) missionaries in this ward! How cool is that! President Torres really wants to get the Valley going because he wants a temple in McAllen!

That would be really cool, because some people can't pass the checkpoint to go up to the San Antonio temple, and others can't go into Mexico. Which is super sad, but if we keep going the way we are, there will be one here sometime!!

It's been kind of a crazy transition for me, going from a zone of 14 to a zone of like 25, and from having two in the apartment to having FIVE. Also, Mission is MUCH bigger than Beeville, so I am still lost, but with the grace of Sister Valdez's GPS, we are going to make it through! But it's been fun! Practicing Spanish is... coming. It's sort of difficult because (a) I haven't had to rely on Spanish for the last 6 months, (b) when people talk about things other than the Gospel, I am completely lost, and (c) it's scary!  But it's gotten a lot better this week, and I'll have at least five more weeks to really go hard on the paint with practicing my Spanish. :)

BUT get this--we show up at church and there's this lady there who has come twice now to church with her friend!! And we are meeting with her tonight!! Ahhh! Milagros se pasen!! [miracles happen] And we also have another investigator who we found and he has a daughter who's nine, and he really wants to learn more! Yay! So I'll keep you updated on those happenings, but the ward here is great, and they're super excited to have sisters!! And I had my first Mexican food! It was this silantro chicken stuff with rice and beans. It was delicious. :)

The Church is true!! Even though I didn't understand everything that happened in church yesterday, there are amazing people here! One sister talked about how we get a testimony, and how we need to first BELIEVE, then search and find for ourselves the things we want to know. It's not a bad thing at all to have questions! It's different from having doubts. Having questions means REVELATION! Answers to prayers and added knowledge. Having questions means LEARNING. It's wonderful the things you can learn from just having the Book of Mormon in your hands. "Where is the best place to find the Pride Cycle?" 4 Nephi and Mormon. (that's where I am in my reading) "What is the Spirit World like?" "How can I strengthen my faith?" "What more do I need to do or change in my life to make it more in harmony with the teachings of Jesus Christ?"
All your questions will be answered if you ask with a sincere heart. And with REAL INTENT--which means that you will act on whatever message/answer you recieve. That you will change your life to be what God wants it to be. It's hard. But it's possible. I know that. Not only do I know it, but I BELIEVE it too.

Love you!
Sister Fry
 
February 13, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment