Sunday, February 19, 2017

Winter, Exchanges, etc.

This week this week. It rained, we were FREEEEEEZING, I bought a bear blanket. We got matching sock/slipper things, it is warm again, we went on
exchanges, we invited THREE people to be baptized and they all accepted. We laughed, we cried, we worked, we walked, we biked, we sat, we played games, we sweated, we contacted a house that they've been trying to contact for 4 transfers now, etc.

That's basically the week in a nutshell.

But yeah. Our district leader and STLs were like "what changed?" because we hadn't invited anyone to be baptized in FOREVER. And basically what changed is, we asked. It doesn't take a super strong spiritual impression to invite someone. So we were at Berta's house and I just... asked her if she wanted to be baptized. She thought about it for a little while and then said yes. She has had three strokes and is trying to recuperate from them. She is such a sweet lady and asks us questions all the time. She came to church yesterday and even though we weren't really around her all that much (we are stretched super thin here), we talked with her later in the evening, and she really liked it. She also asked us "what is the church to you?" kind of like, why do we like it? And basically my answer was, I like church because of the love I feel there. We're starting to get the ward/branch back on its feet, and set some goals for next year. We are working hard, and church isn't just some place you go to on Sundays. We go to mutual, Relief Society activities, ward socials, etc. And I love the church and I go to church because I'm not perfect. I am able to be better because I go to church. With friends and family at my side, it makes things a little easier. You're accountable to them: "haven't seen you at church for a while, what's up?" or "how can I help?" or something like that.

Basically, church is to me that drive to live better. It's family. It's late nights. It's stuffing my face at Christmastime. It's Jesus. It's His Atonement. It's a single prayer. We go to church, I am a missionary, we have temples, all because of a prayer. One single prayer uttered by a fourteen year old boy has changed so many lives. It has helped so many people overcome their weaknesses and get on their knees and pray to God. God is our foundation and we strive to be like Jesus Christ.

So come to church! There's people there that love you--who don't even know you and they already love you. 

Anyways, keep doing good things and have a happy holidays!

Love y'all!
Sister Fry



This is what it means by "outdoor plumbing" right??





December 12, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment